Friday 16 August 2013

Sewing Club Start-up!!!

Finally have the Sewing Club starting on September 13th ... yippee!!!

Hoping there will be around 8-10 of us all talking about sewing.  I've been a lonely sewer for many years as never had friends who sew.  Not only that, but I've been hesitant to even talk about sewing with non-sewers for fear they'll hand me a pile of clothes to be mended or altered.

Our new Sewing Club will be meeting in Coquitlam and if you think you'd like to join us please send me an email (lisa.thimblelisa@gmail.com).  This is for intermediate to advanced sewers or those in the business of sewing in some way.  It's NOT a networking group, but rather a group of passionate sewers looking to make friends to talk to about sewing.

Some of the topics we'll be discussing at our gatherings:

  • best places to buy fabrics
  • what sewing/overlocking/embroidery/quilting machines we have
  • what types of sewing we enjoy and what's a chore
  • laughing over sewing disasters
  • bringing along projects to show 
  • doing trades with fabrics and accessories
  • Etsy ... always a mystery to me
  • selling at markets
  • sewing shortcuts
  • sewing techniques

I'll be taking pictures and will post them on here.  

Lisa
Call me:  604-944-7479
Email me:  Lisa.ThimbleLisa@gmail.com





No comments:

Post a Comment